Investing in environmental solutions
Jupiter has a longstanding track record of commitment to sustainable investing, dating back more than 30 years. The Environmental Solutions team has been at the forefront of the transition to a more sustainable world, an aim which is more important than ever. Launched in 1988, the Jupiter Ecology Fund invests in companies that provide solutions to vital challenges facing the world we live in. These environmental solutions companies provide critical products and services to help businesses achieve sustainability targets. We believe the market for environmental solutions is broad and growing. The fund offers investors the opportunity to align their investment goals with the desire for positive change and a more sustainable global economy.
The challenges of climate change and natural capital protection
The economy is embedded in the biosphere… and our biosphere is facing severe degradation
Defining environmental objectives and shaping robust, long-term investment opportunities
Growth through sustainability
The objective of the Jupiter Ecology Fund is to provide long-term capital growth with the prospect of income by investing in companies whose core products and services address global sustainability challenges. The fund aims to invest globally in companies focusing on environmental and sustainable solutions. Typically a company will only be considered for investment if it has the majority (>50%) of revenues attributable to products and services that meet the thematic criteria. Only in exceptional circumstances where a company is very clearly moving to this direction within a two-year timeframe, and with the strategic intent to do so, would companies be considered otherwise.
Active, specialist, collaborative, long-term horizon developed over 30 years
- Active management: Specialist exposure to global, long-term investment opportunities across six environmental solution themes
- Team approach: Collaborative approach across Jupiter’s Sustainable Investing range, global equities, governance and data teams
- Investment horizons: Typically, 5-7 year time horizon, incorporating a multi-year impact perspective
- Style: Bias towards holding a blend of medium sized companies that are either considered faster growing (growth stocks) or undervalued (value stocks).
- Portfolio construction: c. 50-70 stocks. Typically, 1-5% position sizes
- Risk management: Quarterly risk review, monthly risk team reports, daily desk risk monitoring
Six interconnected environmental solutions investment themes
The fund focuses on six interconnected themes to provide investors access to the depth and breadth of environmental solutions.
The increasingly pivotal role that sustainability issues play in global development generates multi-decade opportunities for companies providing solutions to associated long-term challenges.
Our approach in context
Get in touch
Jupiter Ecology Fund risks
• The Key Investor Information Document, Supplementary Information Document and Scheme Particulars are available from Jupiter on request.
• Market and exchange rate movements can cause the value of an investment to fall as well as rise, and you may get back less than originally invested.
Meet the team
Experienced and well-resourced investment team
Latest insights from the team
US may set the tone for 2022, but solutions set the pace
Methane Cut Pledge Is Big Boost for Transition to Net Zero
COP26: Down, Not Out
Be green, but be diversified
Get in touch
This document is for informational purposes only and is not investment advice. We recommend you discuss any investment decisions with a financial adviser, particularly if you are unsure whether an investment is suitable. Jupiter is unable to provide investment advice. Past performance is no guide to the future. Market and exchange rate movements can cause the value of an investment to fall as well as rise, and you may get back less than originally invested. The views expressed are those of the authors at the time of writing are not necessarily those of Jupiter as a whole and may be subject to change. This is particularly true during periods of rapidly changing market circumstances. For definitions please see the glossary at jupiteram.com. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of any information provided but no assurances or warranties are given. Company examples are for illustrative purposes only and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Jupiter Unit Trust Managers Limited (JUTM) and Jupiter Asset Management Limited (JAM), registered address: The Zig Zag Building, 70 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6SQ are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. No part of this document may be reproduced in any manner without the prior permission of JUTM or JAM.