Market and exchange rate movements can cause the value of an investment to fall as well as rise, and you may get back less than originally invested.
The value of active minds: independent thinking
A key feature of Jupiter’s investment approach is that we eschew the adoption of a house view, instead preferring to allow our specialist fund managers to formulate their own opinions on their asset class. As a result, it should be noted that any views expressed – including on matters relating to environmental, social and governance considerations – are those of the author(s), and may differ from views held by other Jupiter investment professionals.
Get in touch
- Investment risk – there is no guarantee that the Fund will achieve its objective. A capital loss of some or all of the amount invested may occur.
- Company shares (i.e. equities) risk – the value of Company shares (i.e. equities) and similar investments may go down as well as up in response to the performance of individual companies and can be affected by daily stock market movements and general market conditions. Other influential factors include political, economic news, company earnings and significant corporate events.
- Stock Connect risk – Stock Connect is governed by regulations which are subject to change. Trading limitations and restrictions on foreign ownership may constrain the Fund’s ability to pursue its investment strategy.
- Emerging markets risk – less developed countries may face more political, economic or structural challenges than developed countries.
- Concentration risk (number of investments) – the Fund may at times hold a smaller number of investments, and therefore a fall in the value of a single investment may have a greater impact on the Fund’s value than if it held a larger number of investments.
- Smaller companies risk – smaller companies are subject to greater risk and reward potential. Investments may be volatile or difficult to buy or sell.
- Liquidity risk – some investments may become hard to value or sell at a desired time and price. In extreme circumstances this may affect the Fund’s ability to meet redemption requests upon demand.
- Currency risk – the Fund can be exposed to different currencies. The value of your shares may rise and fall as a result of exchange rate movements.
- Derivative risk – the Fund may use derivatives to generate returns as well as to reduce costs and/or the overall risk of the Fund. Using derivatives can involve a higher level of risk. A small movement in the price of an underlying investment may result in a disproportionately large movement in the price of the derivative investment. Derivatives also involve counterparty risk where the institutions acting as counterparty to derivatives may not meet their contractual obligations.
- Capital erosion risk – the Fund takes its charges from the capital of the Fund. Investors should be aware that there is potential for capital erosion if insufficient capital growth is achieved by the Fund to cover the charges. Capital erosion may have the effect of reducing the level of income generated.
The fund may be subject to other risk factors, please see the Prospectus for further information.
An investment constitutes the acquisition of shares in the fund, not in the fund’s underlying assets. Please refer to the latest sales prospectus of the fund and to the Key Investor Information Document (KIID), particularly to the fund’s investment objective and characteristics including those related to ESG (if applicable), before making any final investment decisions. These are available from the Document Library. We recommend you discuss any investment decisions with a financial adviser, particularly if you are unsure whether an investment is suitable. Jupiter is unable to provide investment advice.
The Prospectus and Key Investor Information Document (KIID) are available in English and other languages required by the local applicable law free of charge in the document library. A summary of investor rights in English can be found here or in the document library. The Management Company may terminate marketing arrangements.