You should be aware that in using the Website you may be invited to provide information about yourself, which could include the provision of your name and email address and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
In general the Website may be visited without revealing information about yourself. However you should be aware that normally your accessing of the Jupiter Website will create what is technically known as a 'cookie'. This is essentially a small amount of data which is transferred to your computer by a web server and which can be used to facilitate your access to the website more speedily.
Some of our web pages may contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information which may include a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides. We may also carry web beacons placed by third party advertisers. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
You should be aware that to develop our range of investment services you may be invited to provide such information about yourself, which could include the provision of your email address. Where we request information it will be held, processed and, where necessary, transferred in accordance with the principles of the applicable data protection laws. We will take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure your data is protected against unauthorised access, disclosure, destruction or alteration, but you should be aware and accept that internet transmission may not be secure and such transmission beyond our control is at your own risk.
Duration of retention
We will not keep data for longer than necessary.
Purpose of collection
Personal data (which may be stored by Jupiter in electronically based and paper files) may be used by any companies within the Jupiter group in the financial industry for the following purposes:
- operational and administrative purposes including fulfilling our contractual obligation to you, operating this Website and/or in relation to the Jupiter group’s financial business;
- research and analysis in relation to the Jupiter group’s financial business; and
In addition, we may provide your data to third parties for the following purposes:-
- Disclosure of the data is reasonably necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (ii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues, or (iii) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Jupiter or the public as required or permitted by law.
If we use this data in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
We may use Google Analytics for the following purposes:
- Google Analytics Demographics And Interest Reporting. This website uses data from Google's Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to inform our marketing strategy.
Visitors can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using Google's Ad Settings page.
Visitors can opt out of Google Analytics using this browser add-on.
We use the AdWords remarketing tags which adds the website visitors to remarketing lists within AdWords.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based activity entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
The information we collect from you may be transferred to, stored at or processed in a destination outside your country of residence to a country which does not offer an equivalent level of protection for your personal data (including, if you reside in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), to a destination outside the European Economic Area).
Security of your personal data
Provision of any personal data by you is voluntary. However, if you refuse to provide the personal data we request, you may not be able to use certain features of the Website.
Access to and correction of your personal data
For further information about how Jupiter may use the information provided by you, please refer to our Prospectus.
- Jupiter means the Jupiter Investment Management Group of companies including:
- Jupiter Asset Management (Hong Kong) Ltd
- Jupiter Asset Management (Asia) Private Limited
- Jupiter Asset Management (Switzerland) AG
- Jupiter Asset Management Limited Nordic Filial